COVID – 19 Preparedness Plan for Public Worship
Please read before you attend worship.
PEACE REOPENING PLAN
PHASE 1 – SUMMER WORSHIP SCHEDULE begins 06/07/20
Sundays 8:30 am – Sanctuary with overflow seating in the Peace Center. This service will also be Live Streamed, on FacebookLive and YouTube.
Sundays 10:00 am – Outside Parking Lot. Rain or shine. (Bring a lawn chair OR drive-in)
• Communion will be offered at ALL services.
• No Saturday or Wednesday evening services during this Phase.
As we begin reopening the church building to welcome you and your families back to worshiping together in-person, there are many questions as to what returning to church will look like. The Social Distancing Safety Measures below are intended to help answer some of the most common questions. These plans are subject to change based on the latest information on COVID-19.
Pastor John Pasche
Social Distancing Safety Measures:
• Attendance inside is limited to 25% of normal occupancy. Peace Center will be used for overflow.
• Maintain at least 6 feet between family groups in pews/chairs.
• No food or drink is allowed, this includes drinking fountains.
• Hand sanitizer will be available at all entryways.
• Public spaces will be sanitized between services.
• Restrooms should have no more than 2 persons at one time.
• Masks are encouraged but not required.
• Hymnals will be removed from the pews.
• Bulletins will be printed for single use.
• Offering baskets will be at the rear of the church and in the basket outside.
• 8:30 am Communion will be offered after the closing song.
• 10:00 am will be outside in the parking lot, rain or shine. Persons may bring lawn chairs or drive-in.
• Anyone showing any symptoms of sickness should not attend; this includes anyone who has a household member who is sick or showing symptoms of sickness. The vulnerable are encouraged to remain at home.
• Essential services at Peace Lutheran Church includes worship, weddings, baptisms and funerals. This does not allow social gatherings, small groups or other support meetings.
Need a Face Masks . . .
Since face masks are encouraged when in public, Parish Health would like to help. If you are in need of a mask, please contact Shirley at 320-587-5064 for information.
Parish Health would also like to assist in other ways if needed, stay healthy!
Thru May 31, Sunday Worship are Online (9:15am) & Drive-In (10:30 am)
If you would like a home visit from the Pastor or Elders to receive communion, or prayer, please call the Church Office at 320-587-3031.
10:30 am Drive-In Worship w/ communion, Peace Lutheran South Parking Lot
Watch HCVN (chan 10 – Nuvera, chan 8 – Mediacom)
Sunday 7 pm & 10 pm
Wednesday 5 pm
Thursday 10 am
Check Out Our Photo Gallery “Peace Responds to Covid-19”
Sacrament, Prayer & The Word
To request prayer, a visit or communion
from the Pastors or Elders, please call
the Church Office at 320-587-3031
To Read the Bulletin
Church Office Hours
Monday – Friday 9 am – 3 pm
Closed Saturday – Sunday
Peace Lutheran Church
400 Franklin St SW; Hutchinson, MN 55350
Drop off at Church:
Monday-Friday 9 am – 3 pm
• We will provide Word and Sacrament ministry through the electronic services and respond to requests by members for communion, prayer and visits from our pastors and elders. Please call the church office with your requests, 320-587-3031.
• ALL groups, meetings, Bible study are suspended thru Easter.
• Children & Youth Ministry
We are following the school guidelines for the pandemic. It is our goal is to give parents tools to support teaching faith at home. Watch for emails from Sandy Kephart, Becky Puckett and Stacy Miller.
Visit plchutch.org/grow/ministry-kids/ for lessons from Sandy & Stacy
Visit plchutch.org/grow/ministry-youth/ for lessons from Becky P.
Question? Call the church office at 587-3031.
Print Sermon Note forms at plchutch.org/grow/confirmation/. Watch for updates from Pastor Pasche.
• Church Office Hours
M-F, 9 am – 3 pm. The doors will be locked on the weekends. If you need to reach a staff person, please leave a message and they will return your call.
• Request prayers for yourself or others, please call Prayer Chain, Annette Koehler at 587-6484.
Your generosity is a part of worship and our response to God’s love. Offerings allow us to meet our financial obligations to vendors, staff and allows us to find ways to help those in need in the midst of this crisis.
Thank you for your generosity!
PLC is exploring ways to serve and will continue until this is over. Please keep our community in your prayers!
As you stay home to stay safe and also protect others, may God’s Peace be with you –
Pastor John Pasche