Saturday, January 28!
1:30 – 3:30 pm
• Bring a laundry basket for little ones to decorate & watch movie in
• Adults bring a blanket
• Popcorn, candy & drink provided
• Free will donations accepted
Questions . . . Contact Missy Kohls 320-583-1545 or
First Fruits – Stewartship
Saturday & Sunday, November 19 & 20
The meaning of Stewardship
I am sure that your first thought was money. That is not entirely
wrong, since how we choose to use our treasure is part of our
stewardship of God’s blessings. But stewardship entails our whole
life and includes the sharing of our Time, Talent & Treasure.
Nov. 12 & 13, we will be exploring how developing and living as a steward of
God’s gifts can change your life and the life we share together in Christ at Peace.
How living a life of faith, gratitude and a growing trust in God will bring you into a closer personal relationship with our Lord.
The weekend of Nov 19 & 20, we will be asking one another to make a commitment of faith, trust and courage to our Lord and Savior as our ‘faithful intents/commitments’ set the foundation for what is possible in our renewed and growing ministry support plan for 2023 here at Peace Lutheran Church. What say you? In response to His many blessings and calling, let us willingly do our part faithfully, with thanksgiving, joy and courage! In all things, including our life of faithful stewardship, may God be praised and glorified!
A Message from Pastor Glenn Meyer
October 2022 Messenger
Dreaming and looking ahead: I have a picture, a dream for Peace
Lutheran of us having:
1. Our next resident pastor
2. A DCE in charge of youth, children, fellowship and young family
3. Our building debt paid off within 6 years (we now have fixed rate
of 3.75% for 7 years).
4. A commitment to never be in debt again, any building and
remodeling going forward would be totally covered with cash &
solid commitments up front.
5. Our childcare and related ministries like Preschool, etc. up and
6. First-fruit giving commitments from a majority of our members
(given with joy and thanksgiving to God). From such commit-
ments a congregation makes its plans with fiscal responsibility!
7. A growing number of active and committed members in worship,
Bible Class, Fellowship, local service projects in Hutch area, AND
mission trips outside of Hutch!
8. We would have and maintain a balanced ministry support plan
(budget). AND would never have to borrow money from a bank
9. We would be able to have and continue regular weekly and
monthly financial reports.
10. There will be a great transparency and openness in all decisions.
11. We will strive to determine God’s purpose for our buildings and
resources, whether or not we all wanted these buildings. We will strive to determine God’s purpose and then act accordingly.
This is just a quick list of some of the things that I have heard you share and
some of the things that I have come to think of as I pondered what I have
seen and heard as your pastor for the past two months. What do you think?
What say you? READ MORE
2022 Vacation Bible School
. . . God’s Wonder Lab!
A huge thank you to parents and grandparents who went to the extra effort to bring the children each day and to our wonderful staff for their dedication to
teaching our children about Jesus.
Thank you to all who served!
Deac. Dr. Jennie Asher