Grades 6-8 | 2:30-5:30 pm | Wednesdays from Sept – May
Location: Peace Place
Skip Dates: Oct. 18, Nov. 25, Dec. 23 & 30, Feb. 10, Mar. 23
Just as a cell phone or any other electronic device needs to be recharged from time to time in order to function, we all need to “recharge” in order for us to do our best to live a positive Christian life.
“Recharge” is our Wednesday after school program for BOTH middle school and high school youth. It includes an after-school snack, hangout/fellowship time, a quiet space to work on homework & get tutoring help (from older youth & adult volunteers), some kind of service project or craft & a weekly message/lesson (aka “Jesus time”). Friends are always welcome to come.
- We offer an evening meal from 5:30-6:00 pm
($2 suggested donation/week)
Following Recharge and our evening meal, from 6:15-7:45 pm we switch to 2 different programs: Confirmation for middle school kids and High School Youth Group for 9-12 graders.
Here’s how the afternoon will look:
- 2:30-3:00 Students arrive at Peace Place – Snack and Hangout Time (Busing from Hutchinson Middle/High School is provided)
- 3:00-4:00 6th Grade Afternoon Confirmation (evening session also available)
- 3:00-5:00 After School Program: This weekly gathering is a mix of music and video devotions, unique Bible study, peer ministry training, service projects, crafts & more. Also, the youth have the opportunity to help Sandy Kephart and Dr. Joan with the Elementary Youth Group.
- 5:30-6:00 Dinner (Suggested $2 Donation each week)
- 6:15-7:45 Confirmation (Grades 7&8, plus evening session for 6th grade) AND High School Youth Group (Grades 9-12)